Sunday, June 2, 2013

When little Aeryn became big Aeryn :)

This post is dedicated to my wonderfully amazing sister-in-law Aeryn, who is probably one of the most talented, accepting, beautiful people I know. Our sweet "little" Aeryn graduated from high school last week. We are not only excited, happy and thrilled that she did it but we are also a little sad because now the baby as graduated and she will be leaving us for bigger and better things. 

Just a walk to memory lane to explain the great and awesome Aeryn.

Jonny and I decided to do the whole "meet the parents" thing TWO WEEKS after we started dating. Usually people have time to work up the courage to do this and make sure the relationship is worth that awkward stage. I however did not because two weeks after we started dating it was the sweethearts birthday. All driving up to Orem, I was going crazy. I was nervous, sweating, freaking out. I kept telling Jonny that this was a bad idea, but he wouldn't listen and just kept "reassuring." Once we got there I sat in the car for a minute trying to decide if I wanted to awkwardly hug his family or awkwardly stand there and look at his family. Luckily I didn't have to decide because right as we walked in, Aeryn came running down the stairs and body slammed me with a hug. 

Ever since then we have been pretty close. I didn't grow up with sisters but I feel blessed that I got the ones I did when I married Jonny.

Aeryn is truly like the sister I didn't have growing up. We get annoyed with each other, we argue a little, I tell her what she should do and she tells me when I'm being overbearing. But most of all we love each other. She is the girl I go to when I need advice or just need someone to talk to. She is the girl I go to when I have to go meet new people because I know she is going to get along with everyone. She is the girl that when I'm at my lowest, makes me feel better and then offers to rub my feet. (which for those of you who know me, know this is probably my favorite thing EVER.) 

Aeryn you are amazing in everyway possible. Thank you for being one of the best friends I've ever had. We are SOOO proud of you and everything you have accomplished this last year. (your wonderful internship at the hospital.) 
WE LOVE YOU!!! :)

Beautiful sisters, Aeryn (in yellow) and Torie (in red)

No comments:

Post a Comment