Monday, May 20, 2013

Temper Tantrums and Teething

Our sweet little Ashtyn learned how to throw temper tantrums last week. The first time she did it, it freaked me out so badly  i started crying. I tried EVERYTHING!!! Running water... toys... bottle... new diaper... NOTHING! She only cried harder. When I tried picking her up she stiffened her little body and threw her head back almost falling out of my arms. Oh man it made me crazy. I gave her to her dad and usually she immediately calms down but this time nothing changed she just kept screaming her head off. Finally we both got so tired we just laid her on our bed and walked out of the room for a second. It was horrible.. I felt like such a bad mom just letting her cry in there but I  also wanted to pull my hair out so I walked down the hall and took a breather. Five minutes later everything went silent in our room so we went in to check and SURPRISE... Ashtyn was completely passed out. We've figured out she only does this when she isn't fed fast enough which we're learning to figure out with the help of her "little" hints she gives us. 

Poor little girl is also teething... :( She drools everywhere. Her onesies are soaked within minutes because all she does is naw at them. Man am I glad I don't remember being a baby. Teething rings and carrots have become a necessity around here. We stash bags of carrots everywhere just in case she decides the onsie or toy isn't cutting it. 

Hopefully we get through this stage in Ashtyn's life because it's hard on all of us! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry! What a sad story, I'd probably cry too so don't feel bad :)

    ReplyDelete